Using a disciplined process that begins with a wall to wall inventory of the assets, a floor to book reconciliation is prepared. Where a fixed asset inventory program does not exist, National Equipment Appraisal recommends appropriate software that includes bar coding and asset tagging. In cases where assets have been previously tagged, National Equipment Appraisal provides updates by using software that seamlessly integrates with the company's existing fixed asset software.
Frequently clients request a "replacement cost appraisal" to validate the insured values of machinery and equipment but most often asset reconciliations are conducted to reduce personal property taxes. In markets where asset values are declining, companies use National Equipment Appraisal's certified reports to support a personal property tax appeals process.
- Personal Property Tax Reduction
- Accurate insurance premiums based on market value or replacement value.
- Reducing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance risk
- Improving asset utilization
- Saving taxes by Properly Classifying Assets – Cost Segregation Services
- Marketing surplus equipment
- Saving money when making capital expenditures.
If you want to improve your fixed asset reporting consider calling the experts at National Equipment Appraisal. The process isn't costly or time consuming because National's field auditors handle the project from beginning to its completion. And best of all, the services pay for themselves many times over in tax and cost savings.